Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pizza Sauce Recipe

Ingredients 

-1 28oz Can of Whole Peel Tomatoes

-1 28oz Can of Tomato Plain Sauce

-3 tsp Olive Oil

-6 Minced Garlic Cloves

-3 tsp Dried Oregano

-3 tsp Dried Basil

Instructions 

- Slice the whole tomatoes into quarters the long way holding the tomato over the can as you slice it.  Then gentry squeeze the extra juice out. Ruffly chop the tomatoes and discard the extra juice.

- Heat the oil on medium low heat and then saute the minced garlic until they are lightly browned (1-2 minutes).

- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano and basil to the garlic and bring to a boil.  Turn down the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.

This will make enough 3 medium pizzas.  If you would like to can the sauce double the recipe and you will have enough for 3 16oz jars and enough for 1 medium pizza.  Tonight I made double the recipe as we planned to have pizza and I wanted to take advantage and make double so we wouldn't have to make it again for a while. 

This recipe is credit to my step mom who would make us home maid pizza as kids and we always got very happy when we spelled the garlic sauteing.

When I make my pizza's I make my own whole wheat crust and use corn meal to flatten out the crust (it adds a nice crunch to the crust).  I also use a pizza stone and place the stone in the oven to heat it up before adding the pizza to it.  When I make my pizza dough again double the recipe and divide the dough and place it in a plastic bag and freeze it.  When you are ready to use the dough take it out in advance and let it rise in a oiled bowl covered with plastic wrap.

My husband LOVES the pizza I make and the key to the sauce is the texture the cut tomatoes add to the sauce and the garlic taste.

Enjoy and let me know if you give it a try!
 

Praying for Another Little Miracle Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template