Today Jerry and I took a relaxing day and did some window shopping at the mall. When we went over to Macy's we were trying out mattresses as we plan to get a new bed soon. Oh yeah didn't tell you all we are under contract to sell our KY house (thank you for your good thoughts). Any who... So when we were trying out the mattresses a sales person came over (that's a shocker, right?).
During our conversation with the sales guy I had mentioned "I was pregnant and would need a new mattresses soon enough," did I just say that, out loud? When we walked away I said to Jerry that was the first person I told. After I said it I thought "Oh no I hope I didn't just jinx it!" I know it sounds silly but I feel as though every time I tell people good news then something happens to make things so south.
Every thing will be ok, I tell myself, and I just need to keep saying that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Im sure everything will be fine. The firt person I told was my hairdresser and I was worried about the colour she was going to put in my hair would harm my baby! haha.. I felt that same though, I thought to myself - Oh no, maybe I shouldnt have mentioned it yet, what if something happens!?
Its hard because I want to make sure I wasnt going to "harm the baby" but at the same time I didnt really want to tell her.
Hugs for you! :)
aww rachel, you didn't jinx it! i know how you feel though...i had a hard time trying to not tell friends...i'd maybe get to a few days after i found out and before i knew it everyone and their mother would know...i have a REALLY great feeling this one's a keeper! <3
ps-congratulations on ky house!
Thank you ladies for making me feel better. I am not having trouble not telling friends and family, in fact I have denied it several times (work had a thing last week and I was drinking water... boy that raised eyebrows). I have never got past 7 weeks so I am still in that worried zone, but really as a parent do you ever get out of that? LOL.. Thank you again <3
Post a Comment