Friday, June 24, 2011

Imagine what you want and don't let go of that thought

Some of you may have heard of "the Secret" if you believe in it or not you can't deny when you think positive thoughts you feel better.  In 2007 my mother introduced me to the Secret "the power of positive thinking."  Tonight Jerry and I watched the movie again as it is on Netflixs and we needed a reminder of what thinking positively can do for us.

This is all of what you make of it but I can point out several BIG turning points in my life that happened through the power of positive thinking.  At the time I knew I wanted something with no idea of how that would happen, just that I wanted it.


  • Moving to NC -  Shortly after watching "the Secret" after the first time I heard about my group opening a division in NC.  I said to a friend "I don't know how, but I will be living in NC by this time next year."  I was to new to my group at the time so they wouldn't relocate me but shortly after getting that news I got a message from my boyfriend at the time "So you got your wish, they are closing my department and if I want my job I need to move to NC or NM, where do you want to go"  DUHHH NC!!  So I got to move here at no cost to me and my group allowed me to keep my job.  Now my division has moved out of the state I used to live in and had I not moved I would either be out of work or have had to make a choice to keep my job and make my commute longer to another state. 

  • Changing Relationship - After moving here to NC it became obvious that my relationship was just not going to work out.  So I finished staging the house we had bought a few months earlier while we had been living together split up for several months.  I set out to sell the house and not lose money and I did.  I sold that house in the current housing slump for more than I bought it less than a year before and happily moved out on my own with no family around and very little friends.

  • Marriage - After being single again for some time and working on myself "Mind and Body" I had been dating on and off and meeting some "interesting" people when I got a message from a man living in KY.  He had been in NC for a job interview and his flight was canceled and he was looking for someone to have dinner with.  Well I ignored his first email to me through an online dating site.  But later on we started talking and I remember telling him through email "Well if you want to move to NC all you have to do is envision that and don't let go of that thought" and he said to me "You keep talking like that then I am going grab hold of the idea of being with you and not let go".  The rest is history he later drove 8 hrs to meet me and as I say "he came and never left and that's how I like it."  Prior to meeting Jerry I had said "I want to be married soon" but had no idea how that would happen as most times people date for a year or more before marriage.  But TA DA!! Less than one year I met and married the man of my dreams.
My point of all this is I need to stop worrying about "what if I have another m/c" and continue to get ready for my baby.  We will keep buying what we need, we will keep decorating the room.

We often window shop for the thing we want in the future and many times we have ended up with what we wanted shortly there after.

Our most recently "Positive thought" was our changing in thought on the sale of our home in KY.  We had kept saying "that house is never going to sell, oh god what else is going to go wrong" but we changed that to "the house is going to sell" and we now have an offer on the house and we are saying every day "it's going to sell".

Live for your future and not for your past... Think and dream about the things you want and don't put energy in things you don't want.  In May 2010 before meeting my husband living in a one bedroom apartment I wrote this post on a prior blog "My Hopes and Dreams".

We will have a healthy baby in our arms in February 2012!!!

Now I put this question to all of you, what could you change your thinking about?

5 comments:

Diana said...

What a beautiful post!! I have changed to a more positive person probably in just the last 3 months. Before then, all I could think about was the negative thoughts. It's like they always took over. :( but I feel that I have grown from it and things seem better. I feel better when I think positive.

High five to u and this change u made. Have a wonderful weekend!

Maria said...

LOVED this post rachel! thank you for sharing and the inspiration! i've always wanted to read that book...i will have to check into watching it. i think it would do some good for me.
i love what you said about concentrating on the present and future and not the past. it is something i struggle with every so often and am working through in this whole process of grieving and letting go.
i'm so happy for all the positive and beautiful things that have happened for you...you are a beautiful strong woman and you and jerry deserve the best!
wishing you a lovely weekend!
<3

Casey said...

Great post! I'm here from my second ICLW. I must change my thinking from what I lost when Chris died to what I gained through her friendship. I will have to now, considering it's been nearly five years. Thanks for the nudge.

Best wishes and ICLW hugs,

Casey

Kerstin@TheRealHousewivesofIdaho.blogspot.com said...

Very true. Keep those positive thoughts coming. It does make a difference. Everything is going to work out wonderfully. And besides, being positive makes you happier. I definitely need to work on this. Thanks for sharing!

Rachel said...

Thank you everyone. I am glad you enjoyed the post, I think we can all use a reminder every once in a while to think positive.

 

Praying for Another Little Miracle Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template