| 3BR 1Bath on ~1 Acre of Land (asking in the $70's) |
One night as he was in town for a job interview and held here overnight (as his plane ride back home was canceled) he went on plenty of fish to find someone to have dinner with and he found me. He sent me an email and I took one look at it and determined "In town for the night, do you want to get dinner" in single dating terms meant "In town for the night looking for a hookup" and I promptly I deleted the email. On his side he could see that I had read and deleted the email (OUCH).
Some time had gone by and one night I was at home looking through my emails and looking at those people that had viewed my profile when I received an email from Jerry "If you keep looking at my profile I am going to think you are interested" to which I responded "You started it." From there Jerry loved my sense of humor and we began chatting as friends (like I said he was in KY and me in NC hundreds of miles away).
Fast forward.......
Jerry and I fell in love and he moved in with me because A I didn't want him to be so far away and neither did he and B it is easier to look for work if you are in the area you are looking in. Well now we just needed to sell that house in KY. In comes me the want to be professional decorator and stager. So Jerry and I took on that house and vowed to finish the remodel (oh man who would of thought it would take so long and be so hard and involve a few "I give up" moments).
From Sept. to Jan. (minus Nov. and Dec.) we traveled back and forth driving 8hrs each way to work on the house every other weekend and we went for a couple of full weeks. Jerry as he wasn't working went up there on his own a few times to try to get the work done but it seemed as though the work would never end. Looking back I don't know how we did it. We would drive up on a Thursday night after work and get in around 1am then sleep and I would get up and work from the house in KY while Jerry would get started on the house remodel until I could help at 5. We would then spend all day Saturday working on the house then get up and drive back on Sunday.
We finally finished all the molding, plastering, flooring, counter tops, caulking (trust me a lot of caulking) painting, fixtures and every other little thing you can think of including staging in the first week of January right after losing our first angel at Christmas (this project took our mind off the pain).
Now after having the house on the market since January it is still on the market and we want it gone. We are tired of keeping two houses going and I am asking all of you to say a prayer that the right family will come along and move into this home that we put so much time and hard work into.
Jerry and I said if we can make it through a remodel, losing a child, buying a house and getting married all within months of each other then we can make it through anything and I believe that 100%!
Here are some pictures of our hard work...
| The living room and dining room is the first thing you see when you walk in |
| Jerry and I had fun staging a little boys room |
| We worked so hard on this kitchen and this was our fist tiling job and we did a great job |
| This is the mud room/laundry room off the back of the house |
| Front bedroom staged as an office |
| Middle bedroom |
We just want to close this chapter and get back what we put into the house so we can make our new house a home and get ready for our future family (plus we want our decorations.. LOL). Please send good thoughts and vibes for use that our home will find a new loving owner.
-Thank you all!!
3 comments:
What a cute little house! If I lived in KY, I would be all over it!!! I will be sending prayers your way!
Thank you!!! We can use all the good thoughts we can get on selling this house as it is holding us up from settling into our new home. Momma needs a new bed.. LOL... No seriously we need a new bed for our next pregnancy as I get really bad back pain very early on... Thanks again!
What a cute house! You did a great job!
Post a Comment