This weekend Jerry and I spent our Saturday going to yoga then to the farmers market. We came home to change and off to the outlets (1.5 hours away) so we could get a weed eater and a pressure washer and this so cool laser level that sucks to the wall (I know... dork alert I have always wanted a laser level). On our way home we stopped from some Mexican food and then came home to relax and read. phewww it was a busy day! I almost forgot I ordered a freezer chest for the garage, WAY EXCITED!
Today was even more busy...
Sooooo I have this thing, I want to start cooking in bulk to practice for when we are expecting. I don't have any family around me, so the chance we will get people bringing us food is slim to none. Also, Jerry and I love our cooking and often scrunch our nose up at the thought of eating out (although this weekend we were so busy we had to). Today we went to Walmart then for a hike. After our hike we hit whole foods were he had some lunch and got our organic produce. Then we went to BJ's and got a membership. Man that stuff adds up fast!
When we got home and unloaded our goods it was almost 3pm so Jerry went out to give his new weed eater a try on our lawn of weeds (thanks to the builder of my home for all the weeds). While Jerry was out there started to cook from a freezer friendly book I had. I was supposed to make 6 recipes that had 6 servings in each but I accidentally bought cottage cheese instead of sour cream. I was able to get 3 of the recipes done and in the freezer but I will have to do the other 3 tomorrow night. MAN THAT WAS A LOT OF WORK!!! It's almost 10pm now and we just finished cleaning up.
There has to be a better way...
I think if I had done the chopping and prepping the day before then today would of been a snap. We shall see the next time I do this.
I hope everyone had a great weekend....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my goodness I got tired just reading this! Hehe. Sounds awesome though!! I like cooking but wish I LOVED it. I have like all these recipes just laying around my kitchen drawers. :/ I need organization! :)
Anywho, glad u had an awesome weekend!
glad to hear you had such a nice and productive weekend!! i feel pretty lazy after reading all you and jerry accomplished! :) that's great you got to tackle so many projects! and those laser levels are a life saver. we have one and it makes life so much easier!!
wishing you a happy start to your week! <3
Post a Comment