On top of painting the nursery this weekend Jerry and I did a "little" more canning. We made some more strawberry jam, blueberry jam, spicy mango chutney and for the first time peach jam. We did very well despite having to toss a large number of our peaches from the farmers market because they had started to go bad in the matter of a day having them home. We made 29 8oz jars of goodies!!! We figure we made about $160 worth of goodies for $65.
Next weekend we will be a little pickier of the peaches we buy and we will can whole peaches to have in the winter. One more month and we will be able to start canning tomatoes and making my beloved pizza sauce to can! This is so much fun...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That is awesome! I started canning 2 years ago and it feels so wholesome doesn't it? I would love your pizza sauce recipe. I will have lots of tomatoes once our garden gets growing. ;)
I love canning it is so much fun and rewarding! I have been giving my friends at work Jam and they all love it so much. I will be sure to get you over my pizza sauce recipe.
Jealous. I have never been able to can. But seeing you do it makes me want to try again!
Give it a try. It really isn't that hard and I have got so many compliments on the ones that I gave away. It's a good way to put a smile on someones face :-)
Post a Comment