Wednesday, May 18, 2011

What Makes a Mother?

So Mother's day just passed and I made sure to send my mom, step mom and mother inlaw a nice gift.  We also called and wished them a happy mothers day.  But when that day came I couldn't help but think all day that I was a mother too and it should be my mothers day also. 

Jerry and I had a wonderful day as we had gone shopping and got some nice clothes for work and we had a very nice dinner.  But, deep down I had wished I was still pregnant to so I could experience a mothers day. 

When I talked to my mom she had said "maybe next mother's day it will be your mother's day" that was a nice thing to say but little does she know I have already lost 2. 

All and all I think I handled the day very well.  I wanted to celebrate the day; but deep down I felt maybe I really wasn't a mother yet.

2 comments:

Leeper's said...

Mother's Day was a painful day for me also. I purposely went out of town so I didn't have to deal with it.

Remember you are a mother. There is no question about that. Your babies are just in heaven, but you are a mommy.

Rachel said...

That last one you mentioned is horrible! Just because we didn't meet our children doesn't mean it is easy!!!

 

Praying for Another Little Miracle Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template