Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nursery Painting Complete (now we just need to get pregnant again)

Today Jerry and I completed the second coat of paint on the nursery and it looks great.  In the coming weeks we will need to purchase the picture molding and paint it white and put it up between the blue and the beige.  We will also need to order the wood alphabetical letters and when we get them we will paint them and hang them around the room in the blue area above the picture molding.  Here are some pictures from our weekend nursery project:
Before
Before

First we went around the room with a laser level and added a line about 16 inches below the ceiling

We then painted 2 coats of blue on the ceiling and 16 inches down on the wall

We started the beige paint on the rest of the wall and followed it up with a second coat

Yay it's done!  Oops just forgot to put the air vent in before taking the pictures

We are so pleased with our work!

4 comments:

Maria said...

it looks great!! you both did an awesome job!! can't wait to see the rest! :)

Rachel said...

Thank you Maria!!! We had fun and it wasn't all that difficult (heck any painting job is easier after you have to paint a whole house - our KY house remodel that we have up for sale). LOL

♥ Cass & Shane said...

looking great.. cant wait to see it when its all done!

Also.. I just have to say it... hehe EVERYTIME I go to your blog and the pic of your husband comes up he reminds me of Ben Affleck the actor. Dont know if anyone has ever said that to you but I just had to tell you cause the look so simular!! hehe.

Rachel said...

Thank you for the compliment on the room.

That is to funny about Jerry looking like Ben Affleck. I guess I had never thought about it before but you are right. Depending on how he has his facial hair he does look like him . Jerry said thank you for the complement!

 

Praying for Another Little Miracle Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template