Thursday, May 19, 2011

Mood Swings - Missing My Wellbutrin

So this isn't something people usually talk about but I am a very open person.  Before starting to conceive I was taking Wellbutrin to help with my BLAH feeling and boy did it help.  It got me up and out of the house and made me feel like me!  Being on it I was motivated to workout and go hiking and just be active. 

Now that we are trying to have a baby I am not able to take my Wellbutrin and honestly being through 2 M/C I don't want to take any medication at all because I don't know what affect it would have.  I wouldn't say I am depressed I am just BLAH sometimes again and it isn't anything anyone did.  I miss my Wellbutrin because I miss the me I found when I was when on it.  But to me if I had to pick the medication or a baby I would 110% take a healthy bouncing baby.  My husband is so wonderful and understanding and he has been a great support through all this. 

I must say I do think I am handeling this all very well, considering!  I would say though that after I do have a baby and after I am no longer breast feeding I will go back to my Wellbutrin because it helps me feel like me and I love me :-)

3 comments:

Leeper's said...

Have you talked with your dcotor about taking it and trying to conceive? Cause if it's not safe, they may be able to prescribe something similar but safe. If it makes you feel better, you should see what the risks are with taking it.

Rachel said...

My Dr. said they could give me something else but it really isn't bothering me to a point that I want to even risk it. My poor husband can notice a difference just in my get up and go. Thanks for the sugeestion though.

Maria said...

i understand exactly how you feel. i was never big on taking any kind of medicine. and sometimes i wonder if the fertility meds i'm taking (on a short break now) are really doing what they need to for me. as you know, once you're faced with these obstacles, you'll do and try just about anything to have a family. i can totally relate w/you not wanting to take any other meds right now and i'm wishing you lots of luck!! <3

 

Praying for Another Little Miracle Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template