Lately I feel like I am constantly holding my breath waiting for something. This is why you have not heard much from me this last couple of weeks.
I am at that point in my pregnancy when I had my loses last time and though I saw my little ones heart beat at 7 weeks I am still holding my breath waiting for my next u/s. I have my first official OB appointment on Monday with the prenatal nurse and from there she will setting my u/s appointment and my first OB appointment. I will also have the full blood work up done at that time.
We are also holding our breath on the sale of the KY House. The buyers are a young couple with not the best credit and no money. We are now on option 4 for getting the house sold to this 19yr old 7 month pregnant woman who can't seem to understand how it will work. She is also what I would like to call from what I call "Entitlement" generation were she is thinking we need to do everything for her so she can have a home to bring her child home to. Not going to happen!
The only loan she can seem to get is an FHA loan that would require us to dig out the crawl space in the basement to be a full 18 inches of space. This to us is risky and not something any of us (Realtor, us or buyer) really want to have done. She was all set to get another special loan but she blew that option by not keeping her mouth shut (totally her fault not ours). Now we have found an option for her to go through an in house loan at a bank and we would agree to seller financed down payment. But she can't grasp the concept that no one would need to give the bank a down payment.
Any ways the story is a lot more detailed than what I have given you here but needless to say I am having a hard time sleeping. I wake up thinking about that house and how stupid this buyer is and why can't she get this. Our Realtor is a former school teacher and yet the buyer doesn't even understand what she is saying, so we called her last night and she acted like she got it but then txt the Realtor saying she didn't understand why we had to do this.
It's all very frustrating. So at this point we have put our foot down and said there is no way we will dig out the basement so she is wasting her time trying to go back to get the FHA loan and that we have bent over backwards for her and if she doesn't take this deal then she is on her own and most likely will not have a house to bring her baby home too.
Pros of the option we gave her:
- She will be able to close by the end of July (Baby due 9/11)
- She won't have to come with a down payment
- We are covering all closing costs
- She gets all appliances including washer, drier and microwave
- She gets to stay in the town she wants to be in near her family and not in a trailer
- She is financing just what she would of been on the other loan
Cons of the option we gave her:
- Her loan interest will be a little higher because she is a high risk loan
- The interested will be fixed for 5 yrs then it will be variable and we explained she should use this house to build her credit and refinance in a couple of year
- Possibly a higher monthly payment (but come on we are talking like another $100 a month if that)
Anyways I should be going now as we are going to see Harry Potter this afternoon and Jerry should be back any min now from getting his truck fixed. Please send good thoughts that next week when we get another u/s all will go well.
Thank you all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
rachel, i am so sorry you're dealing with all this stress from the house...i hope that it gets resolved and everything works out for the best. i know that is the last thing you and jerry need to be worrying about with all the other important things you have to and want to think about.
i'm wishing you luck in everything and especially with your appointment on monday. how exciting!! i know you have been awaiting it for some time and i wish you notihng but the best. i think and pray for you often and am glad that if nothing else, that your pregnancy is going smoothly!!
lots of love and hugs,
maria <3
Sorry I havent commented on your blog for awhile, I havent commented on anyones for a few weeks for that matter... firstly I want say congratulations on your first Ultrasound.. I am so happy for you that it all went perfectly well and your little one is measuring spot on for dates!
Good luck with the house and also your first Obs appointment.. Im sure it will be great and i am very excited to hear how you appointment goes!! Thinking of you and I am positive everything will go well for you and your husband!! xx
PS: love your new blog design by the way!
glad to hear everything is going well with your little one!! I can understand holding your breath and waiting to see if it's all going to keep going ok..I was the same and even now sometimes I still can't get rid of all the 'what ifs'.
Sorry to hear about how stressful the house situation has become. I hope it is resolved soon for you! xx
Post a Comment