Jerry and I had a hard time sleeping last night so we decided to take an easy day and just relax at home today.
I was reviewing a few cooking/baking blogs searching for something to bake and looking for a recipe for a perfect chocolate chocolate cake for Jerry's up coming Birthday when I had a light bulb idea. I had this idea to take a box carrot cake I had in the pantry and turn it into carrot cake cookies for a easy and quick sweet.
What I did was put half the water as the box called for and half the oil as the box called for. Then I only added 2 out of the 3 eggs that the box called for and 1tps of vanilla extract. I also added a 1/2 cup of freshly grated carrots and a 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts.
Cookie Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. To the mixer add 1/2 cup water, 1/4 cup oil, 2 whole eggs and 1 tsp vanilla extract and combined
3. Add the package of box mix and 1/2 cup grated carrots and 1/3 cup chopped walnuts and mix until combined
4. Spoon the cookie batter onto a cookie sheet (you can grease the sheet or I use a silicon cooking sheet cover)
5. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until fluffy
6. Let cool on a cooling rack
Frosting Instructions:
1. Add 1/3 cup of confectionery sugar to a mixer with the whisk attachment and add about 1Tbs of water (you might need to add more or less you want it to be a glaze)
2. Then add about 1/3 a cup of cream cheese and 1tsp of vanilla extract and whisk on high until combined (don't over mix)
3. Frost the cooled cookies and serve
It is a piece of carrot cake in the form of a cookie and it is very good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love baking and I really LOVE carrot cake.. Great idea and hope you and Jerry have a better night sleep! x
Sounds delicious! I'll definitely try this out as my entire family is obsessed with all things carrot cake.
these look and sound amazing! i ab obsessed with carrot cake and could eat a tub of that icing! :)
i admire how you used your restless night to bake...i would probably just sit on my butt and watch tv. lol
i hope you get a better night's sleep and that you're feeling well!
happy almost birthday to jerry!
xoxo
maria
Post a Comment