Monday, August 1, 2011

Told The Family...

Ok so after our ultra sound we felt it would be ok to tell our family about the baby.  So Friday we called our immediate Family to tell them about the baby.  Everyone was very happy for us and very excited except for my Mom.  I'm not sure what her problem is but she was like "Congrats that's good."  She also had to ask if I had already told my father (they are divorced) and I said I had because I couldn't reach her earlier.  She can be so petty, I think she was mad I told him first.  I might of lived with her while growing up but my Dad and Step Mom are the ones that show they really car about me like a parent as an adult.  My mom didn't even take the time to send me a card for our Wedding.

So to take the place of my Mom's reaction I call her sister my auntie and she was over the moon excited.  She has 2 girls herself who are older with me she doesn't have any grandchildren so my babies will probably be the only small children in her life.  I called her youngest daughter to tell her as well and told her I wanted her to be the babies "Godmother" she was so excited!

Maybe Jerry  should use this picture on this Facebook to announce the pregnancy in a couple of weeks

So the cat is out of the bag and we just have 2 more weeks to go before we really can tell everyone.  Luckily we will have another ultra sound before we do that so we will know everything is still ok.

2 comments:

Summastarlet said...

Hooray for sharing your news around!! It's such an exciting time. xx

Maria said...

rachel, i'm so happy for you and that you are at the stage where telling everyone is exciting. i'm sorry about your Mom and hope she comes around.
you have so many people sharing in your joy! :)
happy tuesday <3
maria

 

Praying for Another Little Miracle Copyright © 2012 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template